Pataka Berries aims to protect your privacy as a user of the Online Services. It is our goal to provide you with services and information tailored to your individual needs while complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 (Privacy Act).
The Online Services are intended for use by people located in New Zealand and are not intended for use by anyone located outside of New Zealand.
1.0 COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOUR PRIVACY
1.1 From time to time we may collect or request personal information from you in the course of you accessing the Online Services. Personal information is any information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
2.0 WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT WE COLLECT?
2.1 The type of personal information we may collect when you access the Online Services includes your name, email address, phone number, address and any other information that we request.
2.2 You may register with Pataka Berries to receive regular marketing communications from us, for example via email or text message. If at some date in the future we amend our services to allow you to you choose to register online via the Site, you will need to provide us with certain personal information to create an account, which may include your name, age, postal address, email address, phone number and other requested information.
2.3 If you do not provide us with some of this information then you may not be able to access some or all of the Online Services, including the marketing communications that may become available from time to time or registration on our site.
3.0 WHY PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED BY PATAKA BERRIES
3.1 By accessing and using the Online Services, or by registering to receive marketing communications, you agree that we may collect, store and use any of your personal information including any of the following:
- To allow you to access and view your account created to receive marketing communications;
- To assist in providing the Online Services that you request from the Site;
- To allow you to participate in promotions which may be available to Pataka Berries' customers from time to time;
- To take actions required to keep your information secure;
- To enhance your overall experience on the Site or at a physical Pataka Berries store at 768 Marshlands Road, Ouruhia, Christchurch 8083.
- To identify and show you advertising and information, including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners, and about Pataka Berries or other brand products, services, specials or promotions, that we believe would be relevant to you and your interests, but always subject to the preferences that you have selected;
- To undertake data analytics, insights or data mining (including the anonymisation or aggregation of your personal information with other data to identify patterns and trends, and use the full benefit of that analysis);
- To build a view of you as a customer by collating all personal information that Pataka Berries hold about you in a single profile so that we can analyse and improve your experience and our services provided to you; and
- Such other purposes we make known to you at the time of collection.
Where possible, Pataka Berries will collect your personal information directly from you.
4.0 DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE ELSE?
4.1 In providing you with access to the Online Services, or by you registering for an account, we may sometimes need to disclose your personal information to others. It is generally our policy not to disclose information to external organisations, however, you agree that we may disclose your personal information for any of the purposes listed in the above section to:
- a person outside of Pataka Berries who is contracted to us to provide a particular service on our behalf; and
- third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to the parties listed above.
5.0 COOKIES AND TRACKING
5.2 We may use the information generated by cookies to:
- track traffic patterns to and from the Site;
- ensure any content (which may include any advertising) is being shown to the most appropriate person; and
- enable us to serve targeted advertising to you (on our Site and elsewhere).
5.3 By using the Site you consent to the storing and accessing of cookies or other information on your device in connection with your use of the Site.
6.0 ANALYSIS TOOLS
6.1 We use various app, web and/or email analytics tools to collect information through the Site. The information we collect through the use of such analytics tools may be information about you (e.g. products, services, or specials that you engage with on the Site) or anonymous information (e.g. the number of visitors per day or the average amount of time spent on the Site). By accessing and using the Site, you consent to our use of such analytics tools to collect information about your access and use of the Site.
7.0 DIRECT MARKETING AND CONSENT TO RECEIVING MESSAGES
7.1 When you register to receive marketing communications from us, your name and contact details will be added to our Pataka Berries database, and you consent to receiving messages from us by email, text message, or physical mail (depending on what information you provide us and your stated preferences).
7.2 All electronic communications from us will contain an unsubscribe function if you no longer want to receive messages from us. You can unsubscribe from receiving emails from Pataka Berries at any time by clicking the link in any email you receive from us through to your account and changing your account preferences, by unsubscribing from an email itself, or by contacting the specified Pataka Berries email address (if applicable). To opt-out of receiving text messages from us, either reply 'STOP' to a text or update your account preference details via the Site. If you unsubscribe or cancel your registration we may not be able to provide you with all or some of the Online Services.
8.0 SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
8.1 Security of personal information is important to us and we take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, you acknowledge that security of the transmission of data over the internet can never be guaranteed, and it is your sole responsibility to protect access to any emails you receive from us that provide access to your account. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any direct or indirect damage or loss if any third party gains unauthorised access to your information.
9.0 ACCESSING, CORRECTING, AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
9.1 Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by Pataka Berries or a trusted data service providers.
9.2 Under the Privacy Act you have the right to access your personal information that we hold, and to have that information corrected and/or updated. You may be able to update some of your personal information online via your account. To otherwise access, correct or update information we hold about you please contact us via email to email@example.com. We will rely on the information that you have provided us so please ensure that information is accurate and kept up-to-date.
9.3 If you find that information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately and we will correct it. Our contact details are above